Company Overview: Outschool
What does Outschool offer teachers?
- We offer a platform for teachers to organize, promote, and deliver online classes. This includes:
- Beautiful online listing for your classes
- Access to our community of learners
- Secure online payments
- Integrated video chat platform and messaging
- Responsive support via chat, email, and phone
- We do our best to simplify the logistics, so you can focus on crafting the class experience.
Position: Online English Teacher (now accepting teachers from England)
“Teach online and earn an average of $50 USD per hour taught”
- Outschool does not require formal teaching credentials. We believe that many adults can offer rewarding classes based on their experience and interests. We do have several requirements. Teachers need to meet these standards to become and to remain a teacher on Outschool.
- Base your classes around one or more expertise or passion.
- Meet our community standards, including prompt, professional communication with parents and the Outschool team.
- Observe our class content policy, including the policy that Outschool classes are secular and objective.
- Maintain a reliable and fast Internet connection (over 3Mbps upload and download).
- Possess technical know-how to effectively run online classes.
- Maintain a good command of written and spoken English.
- Verify your identity and run a criminal background check.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Reside full-time in any of the 50 United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, or Wales (note that other UK countries do not apply at this time)
- As a teacher, you determine your own earnings on Outschool by setting the cost to enroll in each class, as well as the minimum and maximum class size. If a class receives fewer than the minimum enrollments, it’s your decision whether or not to proceed.
- Outschool’s business model is to take a service fee each time a learner enrolls. Outschool takes 30% of the parent’s payment, and teachers receive 70%. This means that Outschool only earns when you earn, and our incentives are aligned. Both Outschool and teachers are supported by parents enrolling. In the spirit of this arrangement, all class fees must be paid through the Outschool platform.
- Payout details
- We send section payouts to teachers using PayPal. The payout amount for each section is 0.7 * (price * number of students).
- For most classes, you will receive payment for a section 7 or 8 days after its start date. Payments begin processing at 10am PST each day from the address firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take up to 24 hours from Sunday morning PST for you to receive the payment in your PayPal account.
- Please note that if your section started in the afternoon or evening, payment may be lumped into the next morning’s batch of payments (i.e. 8 days post start date).
- For Ongoing classes, you will receive a batch payout on a Sunday, 7-13 days after the meetings have occurred. These payments process throughout the day, separately from other class payments, so you may receive them later than 10am PST.
- If you experience any confusion regarding your payouts, as they relate to a Sunday section of an Ongoing class, please note that classes held on Sunday before 4pm PST are included in the previous week’s batch payout, and classes held on Sunday after 4pm PST are included in the following week’s batch payout. Example: A Nov 22, 3:30 PST class would be included in your payout for the week of Nov 15 – Nov 22, not for the week of Nov 22 – Nov 29.
- Linking your PayPal account
- You’ll see a field called PayPal Email in your teacher settings. You can then provide the email address associated with the PayPal account where you wish to receive payments. Please note that you will need to sign up for PayPal if you don’t already have an account.
*NEED A TEFL!? Visit our TEFL Courses for TeacherTee’s top course recommendations.*
To apply for this job please visit outschool.com.