Company Overview: VIPKid
VIPKid is a global education technology company that connects children with the world’s best teachers for real-time online English immersion learning. VIPKid’s mission is to inspire and empower every child for the future. VIPKid believes that education is not one-size-fits-all. Rather, all students are unique, and the world is within their reach when connected with great teachers capable of personalizing learning and sparking curiosity.
Position: Online English Teacher
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 1 school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Standard tech requirements:
- $14-$22 per hour. teachers receive a minimum payment of US $14-$18/hour. There are incentives for every lesson, so the payment ranges from the US $14-22/hour.
- Flexibility with No minimum hours and no set schedule
- Curriculum provided
- An amazing community of 40,000 teachers
- All VIPKID classes are one-on-one
- Teaching materials, VIPKID curriculum team has already designed materials for every class. However, teachers must prepare for class by reviewing the class materials beforehand. Teachers may preview class materials in the classroom on the teacher portal 6-12 hours in advance.
- Do teachers need to communicate with parents? No, the VIPKID office staff will communicate with parents.
- Do teachers always teach the same students? No, teachers teach any student who books their class.
- Each class is guaranteed 25 minutes of active teaching time. After that, teachers may take a few minutes to leave comments. The total time commitment is 30 minutes per class, not including preparation time. 3 minutes are allowed for possible tech problems before a class is canceled.
- In order to maximize the number of classes you could get scheduled, we recommend you to be available for at least 7.5 hours (15-time slots per week at 30 minutes per time slot) during Beijing peak times. The following tends to be the most requested time periods in Beijing time: Monday-Friday 6-10pm, and Saturday-Sunday 9am–10pm. We do not require teachers to work full shifts; but having availability during the times mentioned above could ensure a higher possibility of being booked by our students.
*NEED A TEFL!? Visit our TEFL Courses for TeacherTee’s top course recommendations.*
To apply for this job please visit www.vipkid.com.